Why Join TAJIT?
If you are a court interpreter or legal translator, TAJIT is the primary organization for professional networking in Texas, where you can find jobs, discuss challenges, access training and have a voice in the political system. If you are not yet working in these fields but would like support as you explore the career option and prepare for licensing exams, TAJIT is the ideal please to find guidance and mentoring. If you are not a court interpreter or translator, but work with them in some capacity, TAJIT is your source for current information on the complexities, issues and trends within the profession.
• To formulate, promote and advance professional and ethical Standards of Practice;
• To promote and provide an opportunity for professional development;
• To promote and provide interaction among peers as well as professional relationships and cooperation with other professional associations ;
• To further the interests of the profession ;
• To hold periodic meetings; and
• To encourage, assist and mentor future interpreters and translators.
YOUR BOARD MEMBERS:
(Pictured left to right)
Nicholas Gibler, Member-at-large - McAllen
Marco Hanson, Interim Chair - Austin
Chris Corsbie, Member-at-large - Austin
Myrna Wallace, Vice-chair - Houston
Cristina Sánchez, Treasurer - Austin
Holly Behl, Secretary - Grand Prarie
Jon Kregel, Member-at-large, Tyler (Not pictured)
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION: email@example.com
***New*** Orientation Course in Austin, Tx: (Travis County Juvenile Justice Center, Austin, Tx) Register here: Austin,Texas (Sat. July 30, 2016)
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
(For more information, see the BULLETIN BOARD on our home page.)