Why Join TAJIT?
If you are a court interpreter or legal translator, TAJIT is the primary organization for professional networking in Texas, where you can find jobs, discuss challenges, access training and have a voice in the political system. If you are not yet working in these fields but would like support as you explore the career option and prepare for licensing exams, TAJIT is the ideal place to find guidance and mentoring. If you are not a court interpreter or translator, but work with them in some capacity, TAJIT is your source for current information on the complexities, issues and trends within the profession.
• To formulate, promote and advance professional and ethical Standards of Practice;
• To promote and provide an opportunity for professional development;
• To promote and provide interaction among peers as well as professional relationships and cooperation with other professional associations ;
• To further the interests of the profession ;
• To hold periodic meetings; and
• To encourage, assist and mentor future interpreters and translators.
YOUR BOARD MEMBERS:
(Pictured left to right)
Cristina Helmerichs D - Austin
Cristina Sanchez, Treasurer - Austin
Holly Behl, President - Dallas
Chris Corsbie, Austin
Meenu Batra, McAllen
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION: email@example.com
***Board of Directors meeting minutes posted online. Please refer to the BULLETIN BOARD for more information.***